Tax Center

Text size: 


Tax planning and education

Learn how to report fund gains, losses, and distributions on your tax return; get the latest retirement plan contribution limits; find out how to invest tax-efficiently; and more.

Reporting of 2013 mutual fund dividends and capital gains

Learn how to use Form 1099-DIV when filing your tax return.

Changes to your tax reporting and 1099-B for mutual funds

Learn about important cost basis reporting changes for mutual funds and how to use Form 1099-B when filing your tax return.

Roth IRA conversions and recharacterizations

Learn how qualifying Vanguard shareholders can contribute to a Roth individual retirement account (Roth IRA), or convert assets to a Roth IRA from a "non-Roth IRA."

Contribution limits for retirement accounts

Find out current contribution limits for individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and employer-sponsored retirement plans.

Become a tax-savvy investor

Find out how you can minimize the impact of taxes on your investment portfolio.

Taking required minimum distributions (RMDs)

Vanguard makes it easy to take taxable withdrawals from your retirement accounts after you reach age 70½.

PrintComment | E‑mail | Share