Tax-filing Information

Text size: 


Foreign tax credit for eligible Vanguard funds

Beginning in 2008, the IRS no longer required that Vanguard provide the foreign tax factors for investors to report the portion of taxes paid to foreign countries by Vanguard funds that elect to "pass through" those taxes to shareholders. Vanguard investors in funds subject to the foreign tax credit received 2012 Foreign Tax Paid Reporting Information in a mailing separate from their Form 1099-DIV. Shareholders who require a country-by-country breakdown of foreign taxes paid may visit our website for financial advisors for additional information and may also consult the 2012 Instructions for Form 1116 (available at the IRS website).

If you have questions, call us at 800-662-7447. Although our associates are qualified to provide information about Vanguard funds and services, they cannot provide tax advice. If your tax situation is complex, or if you're uncertain of the interpretation of a specific tax rule, we recommend that you seek advice from a qualified tax professional.

PrintComment | E‑mail | Share