How Vanguard protects your personal and financial information
March 06, 2014
Protecting client accounts and personal information is a priority at Vanguard. That's why we've implemented strict security policies and procedures designed to protect your assets and confidential personal information.
Vanguard's security efforts include:
- Storing and transmitting sensitive information using Vanguard-approved equipment.
- Limiting access to buildings, systems, and facilities to authorized individuals.
- Limiting authorization to access personal client information to crew members (Vanguard's term for employees) who need to know it to perform their jobs.
- Protecting assets and confidential personal information through strong controls such as encryption technology, enhanced security authentication and verification, online time-out features, masking of certain sensitive information, transaction confirmations, and notification of important account changes.
- Regularly training crew members on topics such as fraud prevention and protection of sensitive personal information.