Stay on track with Vanguard's mobile apps
May 17, 2013
In the rush of day-to-day life, you may lose track of the mix of stocks, bonds, and cash in your portfolio—a key component to help with investment success called your asset allocation. A new portfolio analysis tool on the Vanguard app for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ provides information to help you analyze, compare, and evaluate your portfolio, and can help give you some perspective about your asset mix.
A roadmap for diversification
Whether you've used the Vanguard app for a while or are checking it out for the first time, you'll find the portfolio analysis information easy to use—and helpful.
How to get the app
Whether you already use our mobile app or you're just getting started, download the latest version to use these new features:
You can view your total asset allocation and compare it to either a model portfolio you've selected or your own customized target. To help you manage multiple investment goals, such as saving for retirement or a child's college education, you can build a custom group with its own target asset mix. Diversification details for your holdings in an asset category are just a tap away. You can view your portfolio's exposure to various market capitalizations, styles, and sectors, as well as certain bond characteristics.
With this information, you can:
- See whether you have too much—or too little—in any one area of the market.
- Learn how your portfolio's asset mix compares to the target you set.
- Make more informed investment decisions.
To see the portfolio analysis tool in action, check out this one-minute video.
Other upgrades: Spot performance trends, save log-on time, and navigate more quickly
Other recent enhancements to our app let you:
- View and compare data from several markets and filter information by time frame so you can spot performance trends.
- Save your user name so you don't have to reenter it each time.
- Access your messages and statements conveniently by tapping the Menu icon.
- Use the slide-out menu on the left side of your screen to quickly navigate through the app.
Tell us what you think
We use your feedback to keep making improvements to our apps. So let us know what you like—and how you think we can get even better—by clicking the Feedback link on the app.
- All investing is subject to risk, including the possible loss of the money you invest.
- Diversification does not ensure a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market.
- When you access any of the third-party sites mentioned in this article, you will be leaving our site. Except where noted, Vanguard accepts no responsibility for content on third-party websites.
- Links to the Android Market and the App Store will open a new browser window.
- iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Features may vary by device and account type.
- Some features may not be available for employer-sponsored plans.